Pages

Tuesday 16 May 2017

My Family Meal

                    MY FAMILY MEAL....

On Sunday night I cooked tea for me, Kenzie, Nana Marie and Grandad Denys.

My recipes are:

Easy Ham and Salsa Burritos.


Chilli, Corn ans Avocado Salsa.

Ingredients:

  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 spring onions, chopped
  • 1 cup fresh whole kernel corn, cooked
  • 1 small avocado, peeled and diced
  • 1 handful fresh spinach leaves, chopped
  • juice of half a lemon
  • 1/2 cup watties tomato sauce
  • 1/2 tsp chopped chilli
  • Ham of the bone
  • 8 large tortillas
  • Ice berg lettuce, finely sliced.
  • 1 cup of sour cream

Method:

1. To make chilli, corn and avocado salsa mix together chopped tomatoes, spring onions, whole kernel corn, avocado, lemon juice, watties tomato sauce and chopped chilli.

2. Chop the ham up in diced pieces.

3. Heat the tortillas according to instructions on the pack.

4. Fill the tortillas with lettuce, ham and chilli, corn and avocado salsa. Top filling with a little sour cream and roll up.


East Fruit Salad.

Ingredients:

  • half a banana
  • 1 pear
  • half an apple
  • 1 kiwifruit
  • 1 slice of watermelon
  • 1 slice of pineapple

Method:

1. Peel the kiwifruit, pear, apple, banana, watermelon and pineapple. 

2. cut all the above ingredients into cubes, then mix in a bowl altogether. 

(we served this with ice-cream and a flake)


Here is some of the photos I took while making my family meal.









Family responses:

Grandad Denys says the burritos were really yummy and he really enjoyed the pudding too.

Nana Marie says the burritos were yummy but a bit sour for her, she didn't have any pudding.

Kenzie loved the pudding!!













4 comments:

  1. Awesome Lara! That looks delicious! I should hire you to cook my tea! I can imagine Kenzie loving the sweet treat, I bet she had a nice dessert smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Lara! That looks sooooo good! I bet Kenzie had a great time putting ice cream all over her face! How sticky! Maybe next time you could add some photos of you eating! He whetu koe! (Your a star!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katelynn & Mrs Clark
    Thank you of the fed back. Kenzie did not have because she was tried and went to bed!! So Mum,Dad,Nana,Grandad & I had the dinner!!
    Thanks Mrs Clark & Katelynn
    Noho ora Mai (Stay well & Good bye)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lara..

    This looks yummy!!! I wish Dad and I were home to try this when you made it! Maybe you could make it again over the school holidays?? Maybe we could add some different meat??
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.